We’re hiring – Mid – Senior Designer
Halo Design is a Dorset-based brand and digital agency working with companies across the UK.
We specialise in creating brands then delivering digital products with a focus on engaging design and strong, robust development. With expertise across our management, design and development departments, we have helped brands in a range of sectors produce best in class products.
Our current team of 18 is made up of designers, developers, and account managers who enjoy the challenge of being part of an established, but growing, business.
Since 2004 we have been lucky enough to deliver projects for some great brands. Today, our clients include Dorset Cereals, BMW, Haven, Jimmys Iced Coffee, Organix and many more. Our growing reputation is based upon quality work, an enjoyment of learning in an ever changing environment combined with exceptional customer service.
The Designer role will require you to have experience in brand and digital design. UX/UI best practices are a must. You will need to be a self-motivated, driven person who keeps their finger on the pulse of latest trends in the world of design. You will have an outstanding eye for detail and manage your time efficiently. You will trust your initiative and guide your colleagues on your vision for the design concepts. You will be a confident, strong communicator and comfortable with meeting clients.
We’re keen to hear from candidates with in-house or agency experience that are confident and experienced with all things design and have a track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients, other creatives and developers alike.
Your main responsibilities will be creation and delivery of brand identity and print collateral and a range of cross-platform digital work. Generally, this means anything from responsive sites to email templates to mobile/tablet apps, design for print and branding.
- Solid UX/UI design experience
- Strong brand development skills
- A creative digital designer who has a breadth of working across branding and digital platforms
- Ability to work through design projects from pitching and discovery to delivery
- Ability to determine the most appropriate strategy to solve a client’s issues
- An understanding of the limitations and emerging advancements in UX design, web design and emerging digital trends
- A fantastic portfolio
- Ideally have experience of working with national brands through to start-ups
- A highly conceptual thinker who enjoys brainstorms and developing initial ideas through to completion
- Confident presenter and great team player
- Strong typography and layout skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good work ethic and attitude and able to manage your own time
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbally, and confident when explaining ideas
- Great organisational skills and the ability to work across a diverse and various projects within tight deadlines
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and XD
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: up to £30,000.00 /year
- Commercial: 4+ year (Required)